In these terms and conditions: The term “holidaymaker” shall mean the person who signed the Booking Form.
1. The period of hire shall be from 4pm on the day of arrival and the property must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure, unless otherwise stated or agreed in writing.
2. The owners reserve the right to refuse accommodation. In no circumstances may the number of people occupying the property exceed 4 (Honey Cottage) or 2 (Farthing Cottage), unless agreed in advance and in writing. The owner reserves the right to refuse entry or terminate the hire without notice, if this condition is not observed, or refuse to hand over the property to any person who, in the owner’s opinion, is not suitable to take charge. Any booking fees or rental fees paid will not be refunded. In such cases all liability shall cease declaring that in no event shall the owner accept any responsibility or liability for such refusal, termination or otherwise or any loss or damage arising there from.
3. The hired property shall be used solely for holiday purposes and the holidaymaker shall not sub-let the property, or any part of the property, or any equipment from the property.
4. The holiday-maker shall at all times maintain the property and its contents in a clean and tidy condition and accept the property as it is equipped at the commencement of hire. The holidaymaker shall be liable to the owner for any loss, costs, expenses or claims arising from any damage caused to the property and/or its contents by the deliberate or negligent act or omission of the holidaymaker or of any person/animal in his/her party. If, as a result of such damage, the property or any of its contents need to be repaired or any of the contents need to be replaced then the holidaymaker shall be responsible for paying the reasonable costs of doing so.
5. Should the holiday-maker decide to use the travel cot provided in the cottage, they do so at their own risk and take full responsibility.
6. The booking is made on the understanding that the property is available to the holidaymaker on the dates stated. If for any reason beyond the owners’ control (e.g. fire, storm damage, illness, sale etc) the property is not available on the date booked, the owner will use its best endeavours to provide alternative accommodation to the holiday-maker but cannot guarantee that such will be provided and if such cannot be found or is not suitable for the holiday-maker then all monies paid by the holiday-maker shall be returned in full. The owner shall not be liable for any loss; expense, inconvenience or otherwise resulting in such unavailability or unsuitability and the holidaymaker shall have no claim against them.
7. Submission of a signed booking form / or telephone booking with deposit paid, will be deemed to be an acceptance of these conditions and a confirmation of the details and conditions on the booking form. The person who signs the booking form warrants that he/she is authorised to agree to the owner’s terms and conditions and is acting on behalf of all persons including those substituted or who join the party at a later date. The person who signs the booking form is responsible for ensuring that all persons occupying the property comply with the terms and conditions in all respects. The property occupied is strictly on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the property after the end of the holiday period booked exists for the person who signed the booking form or for any person or persons who occupy the property. All persons will vacate the property at the conclusion of the period of the holiday.
8. If for any reason the holidaymaker is not satisfied with the accommodation, the owner/caretaker must be contacted so that the problem can be rectified immediately. A written complaint must be received by the owner, by email, no later than 5 days after the commencement of the period of the holiday let. Under no circumstances will the owner’s liability exceed the rental paid for the property.
9. The holidaymaker shall allow the owner entry to the premises for all reasonable purposes.
10. Whilst the owner operates a no pet policy, the owner cannot guarantee that the property is kept completely free from pets or pet hair.
11. The deposit or full rental is required with the booking form. If the booking form is submitted six weeks or less before the commencement of the holiday then the full rent should be sent with the booking form. If the owner cannot accept the booking, the full amount shall be returned within 14 days. If a booking is accepted, the holidaymaker becomes liable for the balance of rent for the full period of the holiday, which must be paid 6 weeks prior to the holiday. When the balance of rent is paid, final details of the property, with travel directions and key holder information will be forwarded. Should the holidaymaker cancel before the final balance is due, the deposit will not be refunded.
12. The clauses of these General Conditions shall operate on the basis that the terms and conditions and provisions shall be severable so as to have effect as separate and distinct rights, provisions and obligations independently of the others. In all cases where any part of these terms and conditions is an unenforceable provision in terms of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or similar legislation, the unenforceable provision shall not effect the validity of the remaining portion of these terms and conditions, which remain in force as if the unenforceable provision had been eliminated. Nothing contained in the General Conditions shall exclude the owner from any responsibility, which they have in law in so far as it is competently varied or excluded and these General Conditions shall be read and construed accordingly.
13. English Law shall apply to all contractual obligations arising out of these General Conditions.